Sunday, July 29, 2007

New and old pics

Hi there!

As I've been lazy (again) for some time, my commentaries on the following pictures won't be too witty (claiming, of course, that I'm ALWAYS funny when writing my commentaries). I already regret the last sentence.

So, what HAS happened the last months, you may ask. First and foremost: my glorious birthday. Being an important person, I had to celebrate it twice. OK, to be honest, I just wanted to make sure everybody could come. Some friends of mine claim to be busy on the dates I usually propose, but being busy on TWO dates is improbable.

2007-04-09 First Party

I invited my friends to a Brazilian evening, including a traditional "feijoada" and caipirinhas. I wouldn't have thought that the taste of the feijoada would please the German taste buds, but soon the whole food was GONE. Wow, what a complement.

Some of the birthday guests

2007-04-13 Second Party

The second party was "medieval-style", loads of mead and meat. Great stuff. I think the guests loved the coleslaw with pork.
My sweetheart
Barbara and me
Yusuf and Tine from Braunschweig

2007-04-19

Marleen asked me to edit my posts and add this event: We met in Magdeburg in order to watch a beautiful concert - the score of Lord of the Rings was arranged to a symphony. OK, the sound quality was really bad due to the place the concert took place, a handball-arena. And the choir was mediocre (being a local choir with not too refined voices). Nonetheless we enjoyed ourselves.

My most beloved guys in the whole wide world.
My dearest Leni... CHEER UP!


2007-04-22


Another birthday-cake-wish to be granted: Yannick wanted to have a fire enginge, but I was a little lazy, so I made a LEGO-cake with a little LEGO fire engine on it.



YUMMY!


2007-04-28

It's not always just my family we visit but also my boyfriend's. They live in Klein Sisbeck, really far away from any places of interest! But to be fair, it's really nice to have so much place at hand.

Sibi's stepfather with his first grandson Mika


Sibi's mom


2007-05-26

Another family visit, but this time we had to drive further away. My mom and Alex went to Mauritius and left us the car, so we could use it to drive to Mendig which is located in the "Eifel". As the insurance only covers family members, Sebastian was not allowed to drive the car and I spent 6 hours behind the wheel WITHOUT air-conditioning and 35°C. I was totally whacked when we finally arrived.

Sibi and his grandma... we ate aspragus this evening. We really LOVE asparagus.
Sibis family: his uncle Jochen, his aunt Monika, and grandma Hanne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home